Wet Fries

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Fri Aug 2 20:13:37 UTC 2002

In a message dated 7/31/02 3:35:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, edkeer at YAHOO.COM
writes:

> The Rachel is basically the sandwich that I've known
>  as an X special (corned beef special, roast beef
>  special, etc.) and in North Jersey found is called a
>  sloppy joe

In a message dated 8/2/02 2:48:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time, edkeer at YAHOO.COM
writes:

> Wets or wet fries are pretty standard NJ diner fare.

Maybe in North Jersey, but I've never met "wet" (or even "dry") fries here in
South Jersey.  Nor have I ever in South Jersey met a "sloppy joe" that was
not barbecued ground beef.

     - Jim Landau