Fun

Anne Gilbert avgilbert at PRODIGY.NET
Sun Aug 4 04:11:28 UTC 2002

Gordon:

I thought the notion of Safire eating in fast food joints - let alone having
2 big beef burritos - would be absurd enough to make the satire clear.
Still, it's interesting that the piece so accurately captured our sense of
Safire's pendantry that some took it as real.

Well, I must admit the guy *is* pretty pedantic about language.I guess I'll
just have to go and get The Onion some time.  I didn't "catch" the satire
because I was half asleep at the time I saw it.  Unfortunately.
Anne G

---