Dreidle & Latkes (1916)

Steve Kl. stevekl at PANIX.COM
Tue Aug 6 12:56:18 UTC 2002

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Laurence Horn wrote:

> I couldn't find "hamantash(en)" in the OED or AHD4 at all.  (So what
> are we supposed to nosh when we merry merry be?)

Hamantasch was added to the American Heritage College Dictionary, 4th
ed. (and it will be added to the deluxe 'when production processes
allow').

Each year at U of C there are the hamantaschen/latke debates.

I was doing something with the latke entry and I naturally looked up
hamatasch and found it missing, so of course I had it added.

-- Steve