Hamantash vs. Latkes (was Dreidle & Latkes (1916))

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Aug 7 01:07:01 UTC 2002

At 9:00 PM -0400 8/6/02, Mark A Mandel wrote:
>On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Laurence Horn wrote:
>
>#>Each year at U of C there are the hamantaschen/latke debates.
>
>Is that C for California or Chicago? The late, much-missed Jim McCawley
>ran something of the sort in Chicago, and wrote a hilarious paper on
>them.

Chicago, given the reference by Steve Kl, and I'd be interested in a
reference to Jim's paper on this debate.  I must have missed the CLS
when he was passing that one around in his annual packet of goodies.
If I'd only known...

larry