Greetings!

M M language_scholar at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 8 04:41:23 UTC 2002

I'm a newcomer to this mailring and so far, I am
enjoying it very much!  I'm an undergraduate college
student with hopes of going into linguistics (though
I'm currently at a school that offers no linguistics
degree).  I've been studying linguistics and languages
in my free time, and have found this mailring to be
very informative and fun.  It's great to hear what
real, live linguists have to say since I've never
actually talked to one before.  I would be very
grateful if any of you have any advice for an aspiring
linguist (good colleges, career opportunities, study
sources, etc.).

Thanks!

Maia