Barry's lexicographic non-responses

A. Maberry maberry at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Thu Aug 8 20:33:59 UTC 2002

FWIW the catalog of the National Yiddish Book Center at Amherst
(http://www.yiddishbookcenter.org/) lists only  the following cookbooks, all
in reprint for $29 for non-members, $21.75 for members:

Ba'tam'te Yidishe maykholim : tsugegreyt fun velt-barimte Manishevitts
matse-produkten. 5th oysg. Orig pub: Jersey City : B. Manishevits Co, 1944

A reprint of the 1928 ed. (Fargreyserte 2 oysg) of the same

A reprint of the 1930 ed. (3te oysg.) of the same.

Brown, Lena. Kokh-bukh far gezuntheyt: geshribn vi tsu balansirn
natirlekhe vegetarishe esens ... Orig. pub. New York : L. Brown, 1931

Mishulow, A.B. Gezunt un shpayz, un: Vegetarishe kokh bukh, ratsyonale
nahrung, tsvey bikher. Orig pub. New York : The Better Health and Correct
Eating Institute, 1926

46 oyfanim far besere Peyseh maykholim = 46 ways to better Passover meals.
Orig. pub. Suffolk, VA. Planters Edible Oil Co., [194-?]

Dubovski, B. Tsuker krankhayt : dayebitis melitus. Orig. pub. New York :
Health Pub. Co., 1956

Zametkin, Adella Kean. Der froys handbukh. Orig pub New York : Zametkin,
1930

Kosover, Mordecai. Yidishe makholim : a shtudye in kultur-geshikhte un
sprakh-forshung. Orig. pub. New York : YIVO, 1958

allen
maberry at u.washington.edu