hamantashen

M M language_scholar at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 8 20:57:50 UTC 2002

Here's another word (and one of my personal favorites)
to add to the German opacity debate: "Stinktier." It
means "skunk" but translates literally to "stink
animal."  The way I was taught to pronounce it, it may
as well be two separate words.  I wonder if native
German speakers can see how clever this word is.

Maia