mailring (was Greetings!)

M M language_scholar at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 9 04:57:22 UTC 2002

I'm pleased to learn that I don't type with too much
of a Minnesotan accent.  How many Minnesotans are on
this "mailring"?  So far I've found 3 of us.

Maybe I was presumptuous in saying that "mailring" is
common in Minnesota, but it is what I've heard in my
sheltered life.  I have never heard it used as a term
for a "poor man's listserv."

I have studied some phonetic and phonology, but as you
guessed, I've only been looking at books.  I'll keep
my eyes open for any phonetic books with tapes, or
perhaps I could enroll in some summer courses in
phonetics/phonology.  Thanks for the advice!

Maia