Biblical Scope

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Fri Aug 9 16:45:44 UTC 2002

In a message dated 8/9/02 12:14:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gbarrett at WORLDNEWYORK.ORG writes:

>  Is this a common term in research involving long-term data?
>  >
>  > Yes, there is, and it was discussed on ADS-L recently.  The term is "
> secular".
>
>  Well, that's a nice answer to a question that wasn't asked. But is it
common
>  for researchers to use "biblical scope" when referring to a 40-year period?

Sorry, I misread "Is this" as "Is there".

As best as I can remember offhand, there is only one 40-year period mentioned
in the BIble, and that is the wandering of the Children of Israel in the
wilderness.  There are 40-DAY periods, though.

No, I have never heard "Biblical scope".  It sounds more like some lit prof's
description of _The Lord of the Rings_ as having "truly Biblical scope".

          - Jim Landau