John Nash's "variability" (was Re: Scholarly importance of Barry Popik's research)

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Fri Aug 9 16:47:12 UTC 2002

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Paul McFedries wrote:

#I happened to be reading _A Beautiful Mind_ when you wrote this. A
#couple of days later, I came across the letter you mentioned.
#Strangely, the letter says "module details." This is an obvious typo

Or miscorrection, possibly a spellchuck.

I've been saying "spellchucker" for years. I hereby announce the coinage
(in real time during the composition of this email) of "spellchuck" for
this type of error, namely, the substitution of a wrong word by a
spellchecking program that didn't recognize the right one (and a human
who trusted the program).

-- Mark M.