ADS-L; Mystery of Boston's Paypal and his "Restorator"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Aug 15 17:14:30 UTC 2002

ADS-L
   The purpose of ADS-L is _not_ my interests (new words, antedatings,
etymology, slang, sayings/proverbs/maxims, national and international terms
of food, dress, music, dance, art, sports, games, et al.).  I post the things
I'm interested in and that I'm working on at the time.
   For example, Jim Landau is interested in math.  I'm not so interested in
math, and believe that JSTOR gives good coverage of its journals.  But he can
post anything on mathematical language that he wants to post.  People who are
interested will read it, and it's a valuable addition to the ADS-L archives.
   Other people, like Mark Mandel, are interested in science fiction.
   Other people are interested in Minnesota speech.  I've never been to
Minnesota and I don't post on this, but I'm interested.
   But please do not confuse my interests and posts with the sole purpose of
the list.

PMT
  The Naples 45 restaurant in Grand Central Terminal offers a PMT, of parma,
mozzarella, tomato and arugula.  I haven't seen PMT anywhere else; it's
certainly not a BLT yet.

PAYPAL "RESTORATOR" MYSTERY
   Lucius Beebe's BOSTON book credits Paypal (or simply "Julien") and his
"Restorator" for a lot of food.  The Boston Public Library wasn't any help at
all, and now it looks like the Massachusetts Historical Society is no help at
all, also.

Subj:   RE: Payplat's "Restorator" & Boston menu collections