Microwave Metal?

A. Maberry maberry at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Fri Aug 16 22:23:41 UTC 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Laurence Horn wrote:

> point--accident?  I think not.  Oh, and a Corningware thingy that has
> two little handles and a glass lid and that can be microwaved.  I'm
> not sure what I call it, other than "the Corningware thingy".

I think that is what I refer to, rather unimaginatively, as a
"Corningware dish" or a "casserole", the larger tending to casserole, the
smaller to dish. Perhaps you will recall that Corningware produced a
universal removable handle for its dishes (I think we still have one
around somewhere) however, it was kind of inconvenient, always felt a
little unsafe and finally was rendered obsolete by the invention of pot holders.

allen
maberry at u.washington.edu