bath vs. bathe

abigail adams abigailadams51 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 23 02:15:00 UTC 2002

In the past I had a roommate from Hazard Ky (Southastern KY). When she wanted to get into the shower she would say "I need to bath" - I had always said and heard "I need to bathe" and "I need to take a bath"

I recently met another person from this same area and she said the same thing. Has anyone heard this confusion before - maybe in other regions?

"if you've never stared off in the distance, then your life is a shame..."

                        ~~Adam Duritz~~
                         Counting Crows
                       Mrs. Potter's Lullaby