what do you drink?

yvonne frasure yvonne_frasure at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 23 04:12:23 UTC 2002

In West Virginia it was always pop.  "Coke"is a brand name and typically used only when specifying one type over another. "Cola"is used in some areas.  WHen I lived in St. Louis, it was typically "soda".  You were laughed at and referred to as one of the Beverly Hillbilly's if you used the term "Pop"
Yvonne
 Ben Ostrowsky wrote:> "pop" or "coke"? I am curious as to whether the different phrases are
> regional.

There's a good web-based project here that has a map of all the responses,
which makes it quite easy to see the regional variations:

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~almccon/pop_soda/

Ben

--
"And what if the same French fellas who discovered and named the
Grand Tetons had discovered the Grand Canyon?" -- Jim Farrell