Convenience stores

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Sat Aug 24 13:22:38 UTC 2002

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Fritz Juengling wrote:

#Back when I was a kid, my gramma called those gas stations 'service
#stations.'  Of course, back in the olden days, they actually provided
#services--pumped your gas, cleaned your windshield, checked the oil (and
#dropped in a can), and even did repairs.  I rarely hear that term anymore.

Remember the scene in "Back to the Future", with the four
quasi-identical cheerful eager service guys hustling out to service the
car, and Michael Fox staring in slack-jawed astonishment?

-- Mark M.