Query: "I scream for ice-cream"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Aug 27 03:28:16 UTC 2002

   This is from 1877 on the American Memory database (www.loc.gov).  The
popular "I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream" song is about
1918. I can't check the title on WorldCat right now because I'm at home.

<A HREF="http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/smhtml/smhome.html">Music for the Nation: American Sheet Music, 1870-1885</A>Item 1 of 500 Click <A HREF="http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collId=mussm&fileName=sm1877/14400/14408/mussm14408.db&recNum=0&itemLink=D?mussm:1:./temp/~ammem_KESk::@@@mdb=manz,eaa,aap,aaeo,rbaapcbib,aasm,ftvbib,aaodyssey,hh,gottscho,mharendt,bbpix,bbcards,magbell,berl,lbcoll,rbpebib,calbkbib,tccc,lhbcbbib,cwband,cwnyhs,gmd,mtaft,cwar,cola,consrvbib,bdsbib,coolbib,coplandbib,curt,dag,musdibib,fsaall,mfd,papr,aep,fine,dcm,cmns,flwpabib,afcreed,cowellbib,toddbib,lomaxbib,ngp,afcwwgbib,haybib,raelbib,gottlieb,mtj,alad,wpa,mal,scsm,mcc,mymhiwebib,mmorse,aipn,ncpm,ncpsbib,afcwip,fawbib,omhbib,pan,vv,wpapos,psbib,pin,presp,lhbprbib,qlt,ncr,relpet,dukesm,mussm,mesnbib,llstbib,denn,amss,uncall,fpnas,svybib,runyon,wtc,detr,hlaw,lhbumbib,upboverbib,varstg,horyd,mgw,hawp,nawbib,suffrg,nfor&linkText=0">here</A>
to view the images of this item using the page image viewer.I scream; or, Ice
cream / by M. H. Thornton.<A HREF="http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?ammem/manz,eaa,aap,aaeo,rbaapcbib,aasm,ftvbib,aaodyssey,hh,gottscho,mharendt,bbpix,bbcards,magbell,berl,lbcoll,rbpebib,calbkbib,tccc,lhbcbbib,cwband,cwnyhs,gmd,mtaft,cwar,cola,consrvbib,bdsbib,coolbib,coplandbib,curt,dag,musdibib,fsaall,mfd,papr,aep,fine,dcm,cmns,flwpabib,afcreed,cowellbib,toddbib,lomaxbib,ngp,afcwwgbib,haybib,raelbib,gottlieb,mtj,alad,wpa,mal,scsm,mcc,mymhiwebib,mmorse,aipn,ncpm,ncpsbib,afcwip,fawbib,omhbib,pan,vv,wpapos,psbib,pin,presp,lhbprbib,qlt,ncr,relpet,dukesm,mussm,mesnbib,llstbib,denn,amss,uncall,fpnas,svybib,runyon,wtc,detr,hlaw,lhbumbib,upboverbib,varstg,horyd,mgw,hawp,nawbib,suffrg,nfor:@field(AUTHOR+@band(Thornton,+M++H+++))">Thornton, M. H..</A>
CREATED/PUBLISHED
Boston: Perry, John F., 1877.SUBJECTS
<A HREF="http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?ammem/manz,eaa,aap,aaeo,rbaapcbib,aasm,ftvbib,aaodyssey,hh,gottscho,mharendt,bbpix,bbcards,magbell,berl,lbcoll,rbpebib,calbkbib,tccc,lhbcbbib,cwband,cwnyhs,gmd,mtaft,cwar,cola,consrvbib,bdsbib,coolbib,coplandbib,curt,dag,musdibib,fsaall,mfd,papr,aep,fine,dcm,cmns,flwpabib,afcreed,cowellbib,toddbib,lomaxbib,ngp,afcwwgbib,haybib,raelbib,gottlieb,mtj,alad,wpa,mal,scsm,mcc,mymhiwebib,mmorse,aipn,ncpm,ncpsbib,afcwip,fawbib,omhbib,pan,vv,wpapos,psbib,pin,presp,lhbprbib,qlt,ncr,relpet,dukesm,mussm,mesnbib,llstbib,denn,amss,uncall,fpnas,svybib,runyon,wtc,detr,hlaw,lhbumbib,upboverbib,varstg,horyd,mgw,hawp,nawbib,suffrg,nfor:@FIELD(SUBJ+@band(+Choruses,+Secular++Mixed+voices,+4+parts++with+piano+))">Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices, 4 parts) with piano</A>
RELATED TITLES
Music for a nation: American sheet music, 1870-1885.
MEDIUM
1 score
CALL NUMBER
M2.3.U6A44

COLLECTION
American 19th-century sheet music. Copyright deposits, 1870-1885
REPOSITORY
Library of Congress. Music Division.
DIGITAL ID
sm1877 14408 urn:hdl:loc.music/sm1877.14408
http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.music/sm1877.14408