Ditto bread (and coffee)

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIOU.EDU
Wed Aug 28 15:38:01 UTC 2002

I recall my dad saying early Scandinavian immigrants to America often used
grain-based coffee, esp. in winter when access to real coffee was more
difficult.  My Swedish immigrant grandfather had to drive a team of horses
40 or 50 miles to the nearest railroad station, where supplies came in.

Beverly (Olson) Flanigan