"salt water taffy" -- 1925 Supreme Court Case

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Thu Aug 29 21:48:45 UTC 2002

        Also, the supposed timing doesn't make any sense.  Cases don't get brought in August and have a resolution in the U.S. Supreme Court in the immediately following March.  Perhaps the case was not in the U.S. Supreme Court but in the New York Supreme Court, which despite the grandiose name is a trial court.  That would also explain why the case was not reported, since most cases from the New York Supreme Court are not.

John Baker

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Shapiro [mailto:fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 5:42 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: "salt water taffy" -- 1925 Supreme Court Case

I think the fault is not with Westlaw, but with the New York Times.  I see
no sign on Lexis either of there being a U.S. Supreme Court decision
relating to this litigation.  Maybe Barry is right about that newspaper.

Fred Shapiro

Associate Librarian for Public Services     YALE DICTIONARY OF QUOTATIONS
  and Lecturer in Legal Research            Yale University Press,