Jalapeno (1924)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Dec 7 09:03:21 UTC 2002

   I'm still working on "jalapeno."  These things take time.  Please, it's
the New York Public Library we're talking about here.
   I didn't find it easily on Thursday, but I'm trying this book.  It is, all
together now--OFF-SITE.  I'll list it here in case I die before the book
arrives.
   "Jalapeno" is one of our most important foods (as opposed to, say,
"philpy") and the OED's first citations are 1949 and 1964.

Call #  <A HREF="http://catnyp.nypl.org/search/cTAH+(Schnitzler%2C+H.+Republic+of+Mexico%2C+its+agriculture%2C+commerce+%26+industries)/ctah+schnitzler+h+republic+of+mexico+its+agriculture+commerce+and+industries/-5,-1,0,E/2browse">TAH (Schnitzler, H. Republic of Mexico, its agriculture, commerce &
industries)</A>
Author  <A HREF="http://catnyp.nypl.org/search/aSchnitzler%2C+Hermann%2C/aschnitzler+hermann/-5,-1,0,B/browse">Schnitzler, Hermann, ed.</A>
Title   The republic of Mexico, its agriculture, commerce & industries; a
handbook of information based upon exhaustive research work carried on in the
different sections of Mexico by a staff of experts. Compiled and edited by
Hermann Schnitzler.
Imprint New York, N. L. Brown, 1924.

LOCATION    CALL NO.    STATUS
<A HREF="http://catnyp.nypl.org/screens/offsitehome.html">OFFSITE</A>      <A HREF="http://catnyp.nypl.org/search/cTAH+(Schnitzler%2C+H.+Republic+of+Mexico%2C+its+agriculture%2C+commerce+%26+industries)/ctah+schnitzler+h+republic+of+mexico+its+agriculture+commerce+and+industries/-5,-1,,E/browse">TAH (Schnitzler, H. Republic of Mexico, its agriculture,
commerce & industries)</A>        AVAILABLE
Location    SIBL
Descript    637 p. front. (fold. map) 22cm.
Series  <A HREF="http://catnyp.nypl.org/search/tLibrary+of+Latin-American+information/tlibrary+of+latin-american+information/-5,-1,0,B/browse">Library of Latin-American information</A>
Note    Appendix I: Alphabetical list of archaeological ruins.
    Appendix II: Alphabetical list of the plants, fruits and trees of
commercial or industrial use mentioned in ... this book.
Subject <A HREF="http://catnyp.nypl.org/search/dMexico./dmexico/-5,-1,0,B/browse">Mexico.</A>
    <A HREF="http://catnyp.nypl.org/search/dMexico+--+Economic+conditions+--+1918-/dmexico+economic+conditions+1918-/-5,-1,0,B/browse">Mexico -- Economic conditions -- 1918-</A>
    <A HREF="http://catnyp.nypl.org/search/dAgriculture+--+Mexico./dagriculture+mexico/-5,-1,0,B/browse">Agriculture -- Mexico.</A>
    <A HREF="http://catnyp.nypl.org/search/dMexico+--+Antiquities./dmexico+antiquities/-5,-1,0,B/browse">Mexico -- Antiquities.</A>