Evans Digital Edition

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Mon Dec 9 23:00:35 UTC 2002

Barry or Fred may have already mentioned this, so apologies if I'm repeating.
But I have just learned today of a project to provide complete digital
searchable access to every published item in America from 1639 to 1800. It is
called Evans Digital Edition, presented by the distinguished American
Antiquarian Society, and available from Readex. Here is the website:

http://www.readex.com/scholarl/eai_digi.html

This will jump start our knowledge of early American vocabulary, y'all.

Not that it's free. My small-college library was quoted a prepublication
offer of about $30,000, plus annual maintenance fee of $1000.

- Allan Metcalf