blacktop/macadam

Barbara Need nee1 at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue Dec 10 03:41:44 UTC 2002

I have not yet seen mention of tarmac. I don't know where I first
heard it. I lived 9 years near Cleveland, 9 north of Boston, 4 near
Phila, 2 in Milwaukee, 1 in South Dakota and 18 (augh!)* in Chicago.
I would guess Cleveland or Boston.

Barbara Need
UChicago--Linguistics

*I just don't need the reminder of how long I have been at this. B