Exposure to language

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIOU.EDU
Fri Dec 13 17:57:14 UTC 2002

Footnote:  I still can't say "dish the dirt."
Perfect!  But Randolph's story has a particular resonance for me (and it
probably did for him too), because in my childhood in Minnesota our term
for 'shit' was in fact 'dish'.  But we used old catalogs, not rags. . . .

Was this use of 'dish' in the vocabularies of any of the rest of you oldtimers?