Going Postal (Feb. 1993 WIRED?)

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Sat Dec 14 18:33:06 UTC 2002

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 01:17:06PM -0500, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

> Do I read the OED entry correctly?  "Going Postal" is from a
>February 1993 edition of WIRED?

No, it's February 1994; we found this out too late to get the
correction in.

> The NYPL record seems to indicate that WIRED began in May
>1993.  I'm re-checking it right now.  Perhaps a WIRED person
>is online here.

No, the first issue of Wired is just called the "Premier
Issue," with no indication of date within 1993 in the issue
itself, but it was later referred to as March/April. (You
can see this at wired.com, for example.)

Jesse Sheidlower
OED