Six and ten

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Mon Dec 16 20:22:55 UTC 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Jan Ivarsson TransEdit wrote:

#A translator's problem:
#
#A guy who is a Bears fan (but lives in LA) has bought a dish antenna because he thinks that the Bears will get to the Super Bowl. He has paid 4000 $ for the dish and is deceived. He says:
#"I spent four grand for the dish.
#And what do I get? Six and ten!"
#
#My question is: What does he mean by "six and ten"?

My guess is, Channel 6 and Channel 10, which are presumably local
stations that he could pick up with a rabbit-ears set-top antenna that
he could buy for $15 or less at any electronics store.

-- Mark A. Mandel