Oyster Crackers (1857)

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Mon Dec 16 21:37:02 UTC 2002

 Larry writes:
>>The most familiar brand of oyster crackers seems to be Westminster, made in
>>Vermont.
>>
>And for me, they absolutely have to polygonal--I believe hexagonal,
>if I'm counting sides correctly.  I don't know if this is equally
>criterial for other respondents, though.
 ~~~~~~~
For geometry, too, once you get past  triangles & squares as equilateral
button-shaped  figures, hexagons are the most efficient (given that these
are stamped from a broad sheet of dough).  Otherwise you'd have little
scraps of other shapes  filling the interstices.
AM

A&M Murie
N. Bangor NY
sagehen at westelcom.com