Derivation of the word oaktag

Peter Farruggio pfarr at UCLINK4.BERKELEY.EDU
Fri Dec 20 13:40:36 UTC 2002

This was the common term for that posterboard material in the NYC schools
throughout my student career in the 1950s.  In fact I never knew of any
other name for it until I had non-native New Yorkers as teachers, sometime
in high school.