Three Wise Men With Fire Hats

Mon Dec 23 14:04:18 UTC 2002

A little dialectical humor for the holidays.  From the
internet - original author unknown.

The Three Wise Men - With Fire Hats

In a small Southern town there was a "Nativity Scene"
that showed great skill and talent had gone into
creating it. One small feature bothered me. The three
wise men were wearing firemen's helmets.

Totally unable to come up with a reason or
explanation, I left. At a "Quick Stop" on the edge of
town, I asked the lady behind the counter about the
helmets.

She exploded into a rage, yelling at me, "You damn
Yankees never do read the Bible!"

I assured her that I did, but simply couldn't recall
anything about firemen in the Bible.

She jerked her Bible from behind the counter and
ruffled through some pages, and finally jabbed her
finger at a passage.

Sticking it in my face she said, "See, it says right
here, 'The three wise man came from afar.'"

=====