Dumb clock defence

Towse self at TOWSE.COM
Thu Dec 26 23:36:52 UTC 2002

Jan Ivarsson TransEdit wrote:

> A translator colleague has asked me for the meaning of "dumb clock defence". I don't
> have the slightest clue. Does anyone on the list know the expression?

Found an instance of "clock defense" as a USAn football term, but
if you're talking of a USAn term, it doesn't make sense for the
spelling to be "defence" and not "defense."

<http://www.homersmith.net/Article%20Series/manageclock3.htm>

If you're using the clock defense stupidly, I'd imagine that
someone might call your plan a "dumb clock defense."

In what context is the term used?

Sal
--
3K+ useful links for writers, researchers and the terminally
curious <http://www.internet-resources.com/writers/>