Exploring Language

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIOU.EDU
Mon Dec 30 22:31:55 UTC 2002

This is indeed a good book, either alone or accompanying a standard
linguistics intro. like Fromkin, Rodman, & Hyams or George Yule's nice
small book (the latter is better for beginners).  But another good reader
is Clark, Eschholz, & Rosa, _Language: Readings in Language and Culture_
(at least up to a 6th ed. by now); in fact, I prefer it over Goshgarian's.