Mien, Momo (1894)

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Fri Feb 1 01:04:35 UTC 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

> WOP--Didn't I post this in 1996 or 1997?  There were many songs with
> "wop" in the title.  The infamous "Wop, Wop, Wop" song title is 1908, I
> believe.  Check WorldCat.

In a few minutes of trying I can't find your postings in the archives, but
I rarely can find anything in the archives.  By searching WorldCat I find
the 1908 song "Wop, wop, wop!"  Thanks for pointing this out.

Fred Shapiro

Associate Librarian for Public Services     YALE DICTIONARY OF QUOTATIONS
  and Lecturer in Legal Research            Yale University Press,