Stick pins (was: pleonasms: ink pen)

Kim & Rima McKinzey rkmck at EARTHLINK.NET
Sat Feb 16 23:14:15 UTC 2002

>... Neither agreed with "straight pin" (but one roommate tried to make the
>difference between the sewing pins with colored balls on the top).  The
>second roommate had never heard of "stick pin".  We're all So.IL, early 20s.
>And that's my final thought.... probably.

Doesn't surprise me that it's age related, now that you mention it.
How many people wear hats with hat pins or cravats with stick pins?
And fewer and fewer people seem to be sewing.  THose of us into
costuming are a limited bunch...

Rima