Fluffies & the Full Monty Breakfast

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Sat Feb 23 17:02:41 UTC 2002

In a message dated 02/22/2002 11:15:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Bapopik at AOL.COM writes:

> NIPPON CLIP-ONS--Nickname for the extra lanes added to the Harbour Bridge,
> from Japan.

In case you're interested, I heard "Nippon Clip-On" (I think the tour guide
used the singular) when I spent three days in New Zealand in 1975.

Of more immediate concern---my seatmate on the tour bus was a geologist, who
commented on how the geology of Auckland was that of a typical cinder-cone
field, quite reminiscent of the area around Paracutin, and offered me an
even-money bet that a volcano would erupt within the city limits of Auckland
by the year 2075.

                  - Jim Landau (who has always wanted to see a live volcano)