Roots

Sat Feb 23 20:38:14 UTC 2002

Greetings from SLC, home of the soon-to-end 2002
Winter Olympics.

One of the commercial crazes has been the beret-style
hats from Roots, of Canada, that were worn by the US
team.  They have 2002, USA and Roots embroidered on
them  The Roots store ran out these hats soon after
the games began, and they are being scalped at up to
$100.

But my question is:  With all the talk of "roots",
someone told my daughter that "roots" is an Aussie
euphemism for sex, more specificly - fornication.  Any
truth to this?

=====