Maori Proverbs & more

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Feb 24 23:03:56 UTC 2002

   Greeting from Rotorua, New Zealand.

THE REED BOOK OF MAORI PROVERBS--1963, revised 1987, reprinted 2001.  Just in case Fred Shapiro missed the 1987 edition.

EFTPOS--That's right.  Our tour guide showed us a misspelling--maybe I copied that.

PIZZATATOES--"Potato skins filled with our own pizza sauce," as the Round Table Pizza menu has it.  But it is not trademarked, as are other menu items.

911--I researched the first use of "911" in New York City.  I did other words, too.  I do this scholarship for free.

TAKEUNDER--"Colloquially referred to as a "takeunder"...
RED HERRING, December 2001, pg. 102, col. 2.  (catching up on reading--ed.)

IRON TRIANGLE--"Making a mint inside the 'iron triangle' of defense, government, and industry."
RED HERRING, December 2001, pg. 63, col. 2.

(About a week to "bungee"--ed.)