Czechia (new word!!!)

Grant Barrett monickels at MAC.COM
Mon Jan 7 17:06:59 UTC 2002

On 1/7/02 10:29, "Steve Kl." <stevekl at PANIX.COM> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 n.ames at EMAIL.CZ wrote:
>
>> Horová E.: "Where are you from?" - "I am from Czechia."
>
> Fat chance getting the Moravians to accept this.
>
> (I've seen literature suggesting the use of what would translate as
> "Czechomoravia" even...)

It is interesting, however, that the terms offered as equivalents to
"Czechia" in other languages ("Tschechien in German, Tchéquie in French,
Chequía in Spanish, Cecchia in Italian")  on one of the pages (
http://www.p.lodz.pl/I35/personal/jw37/EUROPE/cesko2.htm ) seem to be well
accepted, at least if you believe their frequency as returned from a Google
search.