Ruth Brend dies

Thu Jan 10 12:44:03 UTC 2002

ADS Colleagues,

Here at Michigan State, Ruth's old home, we were sad indeed to learn
of her death. She was, until her death, a very active person in
linguistics. When I came here more than  a decade ago, I found a
little badge in my desk drawer with a green ribbon and a typed ID. It
read "Ruth Brend, Secretary to Kenneth L. Pike." I knew my new desk
had been Ruth's old one. I got to know her very well during my early
Michigan days, and I admired her very much.

Dennis