Queer Coffee; Low Signature

Frank Abate abatefr at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Jan 11 17:49:47 UTC 2002

Barry Popik said:

LOW SIGNATURE

   Used on tonight's NIGHTLINE.  Our presence in Afghanistan was intended to
be "low signature."  A Google check shows a lot of military hits, such as
the LSV--Low Signature Vehicle.
   Is there an opposite for "low signature," perhaps something other than
"high signature"?  Does John Hancock come into play here?
<<

Don't know about an opposite, but given the military hits for this, the
usage seems an extension of the use of signature in "radar signature", the
appearance that an aircraft makes on a radar screen.  I believe stealth
aircraft are said to have a low radar signature.

Frank Abate