"Comfort Camp" & 9-11; "Editrix" Tina Brown

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jan 21 23:03:04 UTC 2002

COMFORT CAMP

   I thought that I had posted this, but I had posted "comfort homes."
   There's a group seeking to get the kids of 9-11 together for a "comfort camp."  There's a web site, www.campcomfort.org.

EDITRIX

   TALK magazine folded in a sea of red ink.  Several stories mentioned "editrix" Tina Brown.
   OED doesn't have it.  Merriam-Webster doesn't have it, either, but suggests searching "editress."

   FWIW:  David Shulman brought "editrix" to my attention.  He was supposed to meet with Ralph Carlson of OUP about a Steve Brodie book, but Carlson never showed up.  Shulman is friends with a table-tennis guy who's writing a book for Harold Evans who's married to Tina Brown.  Shulman wants to meet with Evans this week.