No subject

-- nfogli at IOL.IT
Wed Jan 30 21:31:51 UTC 2002

 Hi, I have no idea how the expression originated exactly (especially
as a modifier applied to entertainment contexts), but I think this
definition will give you a little hint.

Hope that helps,

Dr. S. Roti

From: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (4th Ed.)
2000

absolute pitch NOUN: 1. The precise pitch of an isolated tone, as
established by its rate of vibration measured on a standard scale.
2. Music The ability to identify any pitch heard or produce any pitch
referred to by name. Also called PERFECT PITCH.

davemarc <davemarc at PANIX.COM> wrote:
Lately I've noticed the term "pitch perfect" turning up again and again,
often in an entertainment context (i.e. Sissy Spacek gives a pitch
perfect performance in In the Bedroom). From my point of view, it seems
to have appeared out of nowhere. Has this term been defined and/or
documented yet?

David