A. Maberry maberry at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Wed Jan 30 23:37:33 UTC 2002

Isn't "go missing" pretty standard British English for "lost"? However "go
to missing" is new to me. Does it occur more than once in the article? If
not, maybe just a printing error for "go missing."

maberry at u.washington.edu

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Beverly Flanigan wrote:

> I'll add my own query about a new form--new to me at least:
> CNN (I think) had a topic line recently about the journalist who "went
> missing" in Pakistan.  Just a few days later I saw an article in our local
> paper about someone who would periodically "go to missing"--just leaving
> home for a while, apparently.
> Has this form been around long? and where?
> _____________________________________________
> Beverly Olson Flanigan         Department of Linguistics
> Ohio University                     Athens, OH  45701
> Ph.: (740) 593-4568              Fax: (740) 593-2967
> http://www.cats.ohiou.edu/linguistics/dept/flanigan.htm

More information about the Ads-l mailing list