No "jazz" in Alaska

Gerald Cohen gcohen at UMR.EDU
Tue Jul 2 19:02:41 UTC 2002

Barry,

   Would you have the reference to Bert Kelly's mention that "jazz"
was spoken in Alaska around the turn of the century? Where did you
encounter it? I'm curious about what prompted this theory of his, and
even it turns out to be baseless (as seems likely), I'd like to
include  his item in the bibliography on the term "jazz."

Jerry