Lollipop underwear; Mohs surgery

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Jul 5 18:01:06 UTC 2002

   My telephone service went out last night.  I was gonna call the phone company to tell them, but I couldn't.  My telephone company is MCI.  I hope it's back when I return home.

LOLLIPOP UNDERWEAR--Trademark record show a "Lollipop...women's and children's knit underwear and sleepwear," with first use of January 1, 1941.  The company is Modern Globe, Inc., of Pawtucket, RI and also North Wilkesboro, NC.

MOHS SURGERY--I didn't see this in OED.  Is it coming in the OED revision?  From today's NEW YORK TIMES, 5 July 2002, pg. C7, col. 2:  _Frederic Mohs, 92, Inventor of Cancer Sergery Technique_ (...)  Mohs surgery, originally also known as chemosurgery, allows the physician to map and remove not just the visible parts of a skin cancer but also its cancerous roots, which can spread into the body along blood vessels, nerves and cartilage.
   (If the OED revision has already worked on this, then just add the obit.--ed.)