Kochbuch fur Israeliten (1815); Cocktail names

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Jul 11 15:45:58 UTC 2002

KOCHBUCH FUR ISRAELITEN

   StaBiKat is the Berlin Library catalog (Buche der Staatsbibliotek), also available at http://stabikat.Staatsbibliothek-berlin.de/.
   I tried "cookbook" and "cook book" with very unremarkable results.  Then I tried "kochbuch" and got 989 hits.  Unfortunately, it takes one day to order a book, and I haven't got that.
   Most interesting was number 958 in that search, KOCHBUCH FUR ISRAELITEN (Carlsruhe: Muller 1815) by Josef Stolz.  Is this in any library in the United States?  Can Gerald Cohen request this by inter-library loan?  Have people cited from this cookbook?

COCKTAIL NAMES

   Posh, the Australian Bar, is near this Grand Hyatt.  I liked the drink list in the window, so here goes:

Abbie Dabbie, Abseits, Albatros, Banana Mama, Barbie, Batida Brazil, Bird of Paradise, Bloody Mary, Caipirinha, Caipirovka, Castro Cooler, Cats, Choco Colada, Cuba Libre, Daiquir Natural, Dallas, Ducktail, El Diabolo, Erich Honecker (Hennessy Pure White, APricot Brandy, Orangensaft, Yitronsaft, Madelsirup), Flamingo, Flying Kangaroo, Freedom, French Colada, Frozen Fruit Daiquir, Froyen Fruit Margarita, Fruit Caipirinha, Golden Colada, Green Devil, Green Poison, Haiti Night, Hill Street, Honolulu Juicer, Hurricane, Island of Passion, Jack's Wife, Jamaica Fever, Laser, Latin Lover, Liebe Sunde, Long Island Iced Tea, Lynchburg Lemonade, Madame Louise, Magic Queen, Margarita Natural, Melon Man, Mexican Colada, Mojito, New Orleans, Northern Lights, Nuclear, Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Pina COlada, Pink Elephant, Planter's Punch, Posh Tropical, Posh Twister, Raspberry Flip, Red Banana, Scorpion, Sex on the Beach, Singapore SLing, Strawberry Kiss, Sugar Plump, Surf, Swimming Pool, Tequila Sunrise, Tiefseetacher, Tornado, Vodka Blue, West Indian Punch, Zombie, Zorro

ALKOHOLFREIE COCKTAILS
Baby Love, C-Monster, Calcutta, Coco Choco, Cocoloc, Coconut Kiss, Green Mile, Honolulu Star, Ipanema, Long Distance Runner, Mandarinetto, Pelikan, Pussy Foot, Spring Fever, Summer Cooler, Tropical, Virgin Mojito, Virgin Pina Colada