Warez, Irrational Pessismism, Bermuda Triangle

Michael Quinion TheEditor at WORLDWIDEWORDS.ORG
Sat Jul 13 18:39:34 UTC 2002

> This is earlier than I had expected to find the term, but perhaps
> (I haven't particularly thought about it) it's earlier still.
> Michael Quinion, any opinion?

I'm a little surprised it's that early. (I've been trying the same
Google search, but attempts time out before getting an answer.) The
first printed example in my database is from 1996 and the first time
I remember seeing it online is a couple of years earlier. It belongs
in the same class as creative misspellings like 'd00dz' and so is
presumably of the same vintage.

--
Michael Quinion
Editor, World Wide Words