Nonevent

Drew Danielson andrew.danielson at CMU.EDU
Tue Jul 16 17:17:49 UTC 2002

"James A. Landau" wrote:

> There are puns that depend on such misdivisions.  My favorite: the people at
> ASCAP who keep logs of what copyrighted songs are played on radio and TV have
> to study algebra so that they know how to log a rhythm.

During the 2000 Presidential campaign, when the erstwhile Democratic
candidate spoke at my campus, someone in the computer science department
hung a sign out their window saying something like "Al Gorithm 2000"....

(the Supreme Court apparently had a different heuristic in mind....)