Warchalking, WiBos, Warplugging, etc.

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Tue Jul 16 23:30:47 UTC 2002

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Gareth Branwyn wrote:

#WARPLUGGING was coined by a wardriving/chalking enthusiast to
#describe the act of using the 32-character network identifier (called an
#SSID) on a wireless network to advertise that network (or "plug"
#something else) to those who stumble upon it. Examples: "Gentle Dental
#Wireless," "Mars network, open for all," "please_bring_pizza."

Crossing threads here, despite the context I first divided that in this
message as "warp+lugging". It must be my Star Trek youth...

-- Mark M.