Kregg vs. Craig

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Sat Jul 20 03:20:59 UTC 2002

Dale Coye said:
>I agree that Greg has influenced Craig--where I grew up (Central NY) we have
>a good distinction between Greg and vague, but Craig rhymes with Greg.

And just to confuse things further--or perhaps evidence of this
confusion--is the name of a former Yankees third baseman Graig Nettles. I
only ever heard announcers pronounce it as if it were Greg.

Alice
--
Alice Faber                                  tel. (203) 865-6163 x258
Haskins Laboratories                              fax  (203) 865-8963
270 Crown St                                   faber at haskins.yale.edu
New Haven, CT 06511