stupid virus-spreader tricks

Millie Webb millie-webb at CHARTER.NET
Sat Jul 27 18:22:46 UTC 2002

> I wasn't concerned with the computer literacy but with the general
literacy.
> This was put together either by someone who is struggling with English as
> second language or someone with only elementary control of written
English.

Then, you must not have received too awfully many virus hoaxes.  Much of the
alleged English-speaking population on the Internet does not write much
better than that.  Seriously.  Most of the ones I see are filled with
misspellings and/or ungrammatical phrases.  They are getting forwarded to me
in spite of it (and not ironically), so someone obviously believed it was
real!   The only ones that are well-written are the ones designed to sound
like they are actually from a virus software company, or Bill Gates, or
someone else you are obviously expected to trust.  -- Millie