Honey do / Honeydew

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Jul 28 06:35:14 UTC 2002

HONEY DO / HONEY DEW

"Honey Do" (song), THE BEST OF EDDIE CANO, 1962.  Originally 1958?

"Honey Do!" (song), PROGRESSIVE JAZZ STYLES, Anthony Mecca, 1959.

"My madness was melons," SATURDAY EVENING POST, 24 June 1933, pp. 10+.
   Probably has something if I have a chance to see the text.

"Honey Do!," SATURDAY EVENING POST, 9 January 1932, pp. 14-15.

"The African Glide" (song), by James T. Duffy, 1910.  The first line is "Come
on honey do, and I'll show it to you."

"Kiss Me, Honey Do" (song), by John Stromberg, 1899.

"Do Your Honey Do; a Coon Song," by Theodore A. Meto, 1897.

"Come Down, Ma Honey Do!" (song), by Hugh Morton and Gustave Kerker, 1894.

O.T.:  MISC.

...While I was out getting a ham sandwich, this Penelope Cruz woman I met
yesterday on the plane showed up at my apartment house to meet me.  It's a
good thing she didn't see this place.  Wait'll I tell her that I can't
support a frog.
...This is from my "Monthly Adjudications Update," with my Parking Violations
monthly work calendar:

_Adjournment Policy_
   Adjournments should only be granted in cases in which the documentation
the respondent seeks to present would bear directly on a finding of guilt.
Adjournments should never be granted when the sole impact of the
documentation would be to affect the amount of mitigation.

   The above policy is illegal.  Respondents are usually not lawyers.  Many
times, for example, they forget to bring the hospital record that would
explain a delay and reduce late penalties.  They're not allowed--"never"--an
adjournment to get evidence to help themselves?  This is justice?
   Oh, it's a miserable job I return to!

(I was told that the parking fines doubled while I was away.  Was this
reported anywhere?...In the situation above, I almost always accept the sworn
testimony and grant mitigation.  Several times I was reviewed by a particular
senior judge, asked where the documentation was, and was told to rule
negatively based on evidence the department did not allow the respondent to
get.  Fortunately for the city, none of this makes the newspapers.)