Scholarly importance of Barry Popik's research

Gerald Cohen gcohen at UMR.EDU
Tue Jul 30 16:07:48 UTC 2002

    I'll be away from my computer for most of the day. But when I
return I'd like to clarify the enormous scholarly importance of Barry
Popik's work. To zero in on his off-topic messages is to miss the
point of what Barry is all about.
Those messages are very much a side-show; the real challenge to ads-l
in regard to Barry is to take the extensive raw material he has been
presenting to us, select the valuable parts, develop them into
polished articles, and follow up on all the leads his material
contains.

Gerald Cohen
University of Missouri-Rolla
research specialty: etymology